Autism Assessment for Adults (16+)
- A collaborative approach is taken to the assessment where Anne Marie works with the person to find evidence across the lifespan that will support the diagnostic process.
- Evidence is gathered through interview with the person being assessed.
- Evidence of early childhood development is gathered from an individual who knew the person in early childhood, either through interview or questionnaire.
- Assessment can still be completed for someone who does not have access to an early childhood informant.
- Anne Marie recognises that many females with undiagnosed autism camouflage the extent of their true difficulties and that diagnostic decision making can be informed by the person’s thinking and not be based solely on demonstrable behaviours.
A Step-by-step guide to the process
Step 1 - Contact made via website
Step 2 - Completion of an Early Developmental Questionnaire
This can be a self report or completed by someone who knew you well as a child.
Step 3 - Evaluation of the questionnaire
This questionnaire, when reviewed by an experienced clinician, is highly reliable in indicating if there is childhood information that will support the diagnostic process.
I would be reticent in completing a private diagnostic assessment, where I would think it highly improbable that the person would reach diagnostic caseness. In reviewing the questionnaire, the fact that behaviours consistent with ASD are often not noticeable until later in life, is taken into account.
Masking and camouflaging difficulties can begin very early and home circumstances can influence the parental reporting.
Step 4 - Arrangement is made for a telephone consultation to give feedback on the evaluation of the early developmental questionnaire and discuss if there is sufficient information to support the diagnostic process.
Appointment letter sent with invoice, to be paid 7 days prior to assessment date.
Step 5 - Arrangement is made for the full diagnostic assessment, which will take place over zoom.
The full assessment is completed within 4-6 hours. However the Zoom call part of the assessment is typically 2 - 2.5 hours.
The initial clinical assessment and evaluation of the developmental questionnaire, can be undertaken for £300. All assessments are completed using Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc.
Fees can be paid by bank transfer, UK or international.
- PART ONE: Steps 1-4 of the diagnostic process - £300
This is the initial clinical assessment, the outcome of which will be to say that its highly likely or unlikely that the person will get a positve ASD diagnosis.
- PART TWO: Full assessment including report - £1200
- TOTAL COST: £1500